David R. Lionberger, M.D.
About Dr. Lionberger
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
David R. Lionberger, MD is a noted specialist in arthritis and joint replacement surgery who maintains an active practice in general orthopedic surgery. He is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has distinguished himself both for arthritis research and for the design and testing of innovative orthopedic implants. David R. Lionberger, MD is a lecturer and surgical instructor at symposiums throughout Europe, Asia and South America.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Active Staff: The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX; Twelve Oaks Hospital, Houston, TX; Bellville General Hospital, Bellville, TX
- Courtesy Staff: Harris County Hospital District, Harris County, TX; Ben Taub General Hospital, Houston, TX; Veterans Administration Medical Center, Houston, TX; St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital, Houston, TX
- MIS - Quad Sparing Facilitator/Instructor, Zimmer Institute
David R. Lionberger, MD earned both his B.A. and his M.D. from the University of Missouri at Columbia. He completed a general surgery internship and residency in orthopedic surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX. He completed fellowship training in arthritis and joint replacement surgery, with additional research in implant biomechanics and design, at Harvard Medical School in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons
- Harris County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- Southern Orthopedic Association
- Consultant for NASA in space station Medical Operations
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons Legal Advisory Committee
- Team Physician, St. John's School
- Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Educational Committee
- Alliance For Orthopedic Solutions
For more information please visit Dr. Lionberger's website at www.dlionbergermd.com